Christopher Pendlebury has created a simple pipetter suitable for dispensing liquid in the 200μL to 1000μL range.
1. Print StrawPipette.stl
2. If necessary, clean up hole so straw slides in easily. The straw should stay in snugly, but shouldn’t crush the straw.
3. If required, sterilise some drinking straws.
4. Insert straw and use pipette:
i. Insert into liquid, cover top of straw with thumb.
ii. hold thumb on straw while transferring liquid.
iii. release thumb to dispense liquid.
5. Change straw when you would change a micropipette tip.
Print your own via Thingiverse
Latest posts by Jacob Shiach (see all)
- Crowdsource the Cure for Cancer: One slide at a time. - November 22, 2012
- Copenhagen Suborbital tests Tycho Deep Space Capsule/LES - August 13, 2012
- Codecademy begins offering Python - August 13, 2012